Monday, June 27, 2011

Help Us Choose Our First Dance Song

We are having a tough time deciding which song to choose for our first dance song, but we have narrowed it down to four choices (for now! don't be surprised if that changes). And while we can't guarantee we'll go with the popular vote, we would like to see what everyone would prefer among the four choices.

Below are videos for each song, along with an explanation as to why they mean so much to us.



Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk. This song was one I sent to Matt early on in our relationship, along with this specific video. "The Notebook" had been a movie that had made us sad before we met each other, but once we fell in love, it symbolized exactly how we felt/feel about each other. The lyrics could not be more perfect, which is why it made the top four cut. Lyrics here.



Love You Forever by Ryan Huston. This song exemplifies our undying love for each other and how we will always be there for each other...forever. Lyrics here.



Everything by Lifehouse. This particular video is one I just found and doesn't have any meaning, but Matt does call me his angel so it's fitting. :) This song, though, probably has the most meaning to both of us. It was also played early on and both the lyrics and the feel of the music fit exactly how we were feeling when we were falling in love. "And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?" *sigh*

The only downside to dancing to this song would be the faster pace around minute four. We did a joke dance at home where Matt started swinging me around wildly while he dipped me backwards...me swinging my hair around all fast, lol. That works for us in our living room but probably not on the real dance floor, hahaha. But we're still considering this one because it means so much to us. Lyrics here.



Crazy Love by Michael Buble. Matt put this song on a CD and surprised me with it on one of our dates. He literally swept me off my feet with it as we danced and he said he wanted it to be our first dance song. So it's in our top four. But the only problem I have with it is it's all about how he feels about me instead of a mutual song. But how romantic is this? To have a guy feel this way about you? *swoon* Lyrics here.

So there you have it! Now...how do you vote? Blogger doesn't have a feature to put a poll directly into this post and when I tried one online, it messed my template up. So the poll is in the sidebar to the right. Just click which song would be your choice and you're done!

Thanks for helping us choose a song!

2 comments:

CP said...

Okay, right off the bat, I'm pulling Michael Buble off the table. Although, now that I read your explanation, I like it again. Meh. You're making this hard. My song with the hotband is "Your Song" and it is sung from his perspective about ME as well. But that is what makes it so special. I am the only woman he ever dedicated a song to, and that is the one he chose. How could that NOT be THE song. My song back to him? "You're the Best Thing (that ever happened to me)" by Gladys Knight.

You can always have a double dance, Chica. One song from him to you, one from you to him. One, the first dance together. And the other, the last dance together. You started with him. You end with him.

I like the concept. It's your day, Girl. Have as many "first dances" as you want for the rest of your life. xoxoxo

CP.

BlondeBlogger said...

Hahaha!! Buble really grew on me after Matt and I danced to "Crazy Love." And oh my gosh, how genious are you?! I LOVE the idea of two separate "his and hers" songs!! And maybe one more in the middle so we still have "Everything" by Lifehouse. Definitely going to see if we can pull that off. More excuses to dance with my man? I am all for it!! :)

Post a Comment