Monday, August 22, 2011

Final Touches

We are slowly but surely checking off the last details on our wedding to-do list and our big day is only a few weeks away!

We have all of our rentals ordered and confirmed through Ocean Atlantic Rentals. They'll be providing our tables, chairs, dishes, etc.

I finally found the perfect reception dress:



I'll be wearing it with heels at first, but then will be slipping into blingy flip flops for the rest of the night:



Speaking of flip flops, I'll be wearing these with my wedding dress for the ceremony, custom made by My Dream Wedding:



Aren't they beautiful?! I found the perfect headband for the ceremony as well, custom made by Lucia Bella:



My necklace is custom-made by Hibiscusdays Jewelry and features two love-birds on a branch, with our initials "D" and "M" engraved on tiny leaves hanging from the branch:



Perfect for our Twitter theme! It's funny, but Matt and I never realized that our initials were the same as the ones for private messages on Twitter..."DM" or "direct messages." Fitting!

I picked up some other "blingy" items for before, during and after the wedding:



I plan on wearing the "I'm the bride" combo during our wedding week and the "Just married" tank for the day after the wedding.

As for our wedding favors, we are donating to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) in our guests' honor. We decided to purchase place cards announcing the donation as well as gray ribbon pins (gray is the color for diabetes awareness) to put on each card for each guest. As many of you know, my little girl was diagnosed with Type 1, juvenile diabetes several months ago, so choosing JDRF as our charity was an easy decision.

We picked out additional music for the ceremony and reception but I'll keep most of those songs a secret so there are some surprises left. The one I will share is the bouquet toss song, because it's a pretty obvious choice and one of the more popular bouquet tossing songs...Single Ladies by Beyonce, of course!



But the biggest surprise of all is going to be amazing and I can't wait for you all to see it! As far as we know, it's never been done before and that's the only hint I'm giving!(Don't forget that you can watch the live streaming of our wedding starting at 6:30 p.m. EST on Saturday, September 17 here.)

I think that covers all of the latest news! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by and with all of the planning, I haven't had as much time to post here as I would like. Hopefully I can get our engagement/proposal story posted BEFORE the wedding! Stay tuned! :)

Disclosure: We have received discounts and comp products from various vendors AFTER having chosen them. We want the best for our wedding and would have chosen each vendor regardless of whether or not a discount was given.

4 comments:

Poppy said...

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ren said...

Woo!

Angela Toucan said...

exciting days

BlondeBlogger said...

So glad you two were there, Poppy and Ren! Wouldn't have been the same without you! And Toucan...so very exciting! Some of the best days of my life! :)

Post a Comment