Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tweethearts

So where did Matt and I meet and fall in love? You'll never, ever guess. Well, unless you read my first post, lol.

Twitter! That's SO not us, is it? *giggle*



We were friends for a very long time and both of us were in marriages that had not been working for some time. We had decided independently of each other that we had given it our all and our marriages were irreparable.

I did not tell him this and vice versa, so those decisions were reached without any outside influence, but when we did finally confide in each other (I was praying hard for his marriage to work and did not tell him about my problems until I knew there was nothing more I could do), we gave each other the courage we needed to end our marriages.

So did we move on because of each other? No. Could we have moved on in spite of each other? I don't know. And that's as detailed as I'm going to be on that subject out of respect for my ex whom I am on good terms with, and for our children.

In between the time that I knew my marriage was over and when I confided in Matt, I thought a lot about him. I greatly admired the man that Matt was. The dedication he gave to a marriage that was never going to work. His faith. His love for his children. His positive outlook on life and his love of fun. And the more I thought about that, the more I began to develop feelings for him.

I clearly remember there were three songs that made me think of him: "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. "Falling for You," by Colbie Caillat. And "You Belong With Me," by Taylor Swift. (You'll probably find in reading this blog that music is very special to me and I have always used it to express my feelings. And those three songs definitely expressed my feelings perfectly!)







I had no idea that Matt had been feeling the same way about me, but once we opened up to each other, a beautiful relationship based on love, respect, honesty and trust began to blossom. Matt makes me happier than I have ever felt in my entire life. I feel loved, complete and cherished. He filled all the empty spaces in my heart and has healed my wounds. He is my dream come true. My everything. My "tweetheart."

To be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment